Vanier is a community in which all residents feel safe.
To contribute to crime reduction and enhanced community safety in Vanier through collaborative efforts with our neighbours, community partners and city services.
If you see something, say something!
What Can I Do?
Easy Ways You Can Help
- Report suspicious activity in any of our 11 local parks (Marier, Carillon, Richelieu, Riverain, Janeville, Emond, St-Ambroise, Nault, Optimist, Kiwanis and Grandmaître)
- Keep your outdoor lights on from dusk to dawn (for everyone’s safety)
- Become a volunteer (it’s fun!)
- Turn your front yard into your backyard (visibility is key!)
- Keep your street litter-free (it’s all about pride!)
-Report graffiti (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Join Vanier’s Neighbourhood Watch Program or create one
Other things you can do today to build a safer neighbourhood:
- Contact the Ottawa Police, the Community Police Centre (MacArthur Ave), Bylaw Services (3-1-1), Crime Stoppers, your City Councillor, or Crime Prevention Vanier
- Share your concerns with trusted neighbours
- Use/share crime prevention and reporting tools
- Join the Vanier Community Association
- Beautify your street/property (ex. pick up litter, plant a garden, report graffiti)
- Be visible on your street
- Use your local park
- Visit local shops & services
- Share your skills - Help a neighbour paint/repair their home/shovel their laneway
- Keep your porch light on from dusk to dawn
- Help care for your elderly neighbours/single-parents/persons with disabilities
**An engaged & collaborative community is a safe community**
If you see something, Say something!
I Heart Vanier buttons ($2)
Bike lights (front/back) and pet collar lights provided by Safer Roads Ottawa
A BIG thank you to our crime prevention partners: